- Block – Writer’s, thinker’s, dreamer’s, contemplator’s, observer’s. Every possible kind. I would think of something – a particular topic and yet nothing-worth-putting-into-words would come to mind! I know it is so easy to simply use the block as an excuse but scripting a word and then following it up with another and yet another seemed like a Herculean task! Of course, the block could have been a by-product of any of the following combinations.
- Chaos Theory. The past month felt like I was caught in a twister of sorts. So many options to pick from. So many pros and cons to pick through. Our professional lives were throwing us googlies and it was affecting everything ahead. Where to work, where to move? Stay here? Go back? Shifting. Buying. Returning. It was as if I was playing ‘Deal or No Deal!’ all the time!
- News equals Depression. I hate to be insensitive and I know that shutting my eyes doesn’t mean that evil isn't out there anymore. But anything I read – from print media articles to blog posts to articles shared on Facebook had depression written all over it. Crimes against women, children, and government let downs so much so I had to stop reading the news for a while to hold on to sanity.
- In pursuit of perfection. Yes, I did it! I waited for that perfect topic to write about. For the perfect moment when lightning would strike. That perfect sunrise. The perfect day of the week, for the perfect hour of the day. The perfect minute to start. And guess what, it never came!
- Fiction Rules. What can I say? I love fiction! Now, that, I did doodle a lot of! All in my notepad and on my computer. Just not on the blog. Yet.
- Facebook. That’s right I blame Facebook. And Google Talk. And the internet. And while I am at it – I blame work too. I spend too much time at all these places – time which could have been better spent writing. But boy, is it addictive! I will myself to stick to 10 minutes and before I know it, two hours are up!
- Master Planner. I am not always meticulous, but just sometimes I am this master-scheduler person – who loves to use Google Calendar, sync her phone with the one online, schedule all sorts of things – specifically time for writing, blogs, reading etc. If only I spend some time on execution too!
- Pick a niche. Now this was one reason I dilly-dallied a lot with posting. Speaking to a couple of close friends, a recent bout of ‘what does my blog even stand for’ took over. It’s not a review blog, nor a travelogue. Not a tech blog, not a foodie one. It’s a jack of all, master of none. Spent a lot of crazed moments going back and forth. Final decision? It is a personal blog and it will continue to be. I might as well shut it down if I have to force myself to write to one particular category.
- I blame the weather. What?! If the Khaps can blame chowmein, mobile phones, skirts and education for the rise in crimes against women, I can’t blame the weather for my drop in writing? I hate winter. After spending eight years in MN, you’d think I’d be used to it. But no! And now, as Oz land welcomes the chill (ahem, well in the double digits and never any snow) – even the subtle drop in temperature makes me want to cozy up with a bowl of steaming hot Maggi Noodles!
- I really couldn't think of #10. But, if you've been here before, maybe you got something that applies to me and I haven’t thought of yet? What’s that? I should have been creative and thought of #10? Hey, don’t blame me! Blame the block!
I would love to hear your views!