Wednesday, April 13, 2016

J for Japan: How's Work?

Every year, in April, the Blogging A-Z Challenge kicks off with a bang and now in its seventh year running, it continues to garner even more participation than ever! Click here to read more on the challenge! And if you're participating too, do leave your blog site in the comments! I'd love to visit!


“Give me a glass of whatever’s available on tap,” said Amit to the bartender, as he slipped into the bar stool next to mine. The lounge was full of office colleagues who had to come to bid farewell to him.

“So? What really happened in there, bro?” I asked.
“This place sucks man. Good riddance anyway.”
I made the typical murmuring sounds to communicate my sympathies.
Rumour had it that Amit had been caught napping on the job, more times than one.

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe
“Give me a glass of whatever’s available on tap,” said Yuki to the bartender, as he slipped into the bar stool next to mine. The lounge was full of office colleagues who had to come to celebrate Yuki’s promotion party.
“So? What really happened in there, bro?” I asked.
Inemuri happened, bro! That’s what happened! I love you, Japan!”
I hi-fived him to communicate my agreement.
Rumour had it that Yuki had been caught napping on the job, more times than one.

Click here to access the complete works of the 2016 A-Z Blogging Challenge!
One of those rare situations when sleeping on the job has its advantages. But just like any other custom, there are rules to be followed. http://www.innovateus.net/innopedia/what-inemuri
I would love to hear your views!

4 comments:

  1. I'm moving to Japan.I almost slept through a presentation today. It was so boring. I'm sure that guy would be absorbed like a sponge on water in Japan. He presents a lullaby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Presentation guy, LOL! Must have been a good break though! :)
      Let's see - I would love to live in Denmark, move to Japan for a while, swim in Maldives, die in Romania! Egypt ain't bad either! Sigh! :)

      Delete
    2. World trip!!!... Hell yeah :-D

      I'm sure Sneha will join in. Isn't there a country where you can be mean to little sisters :-P but don't tell Swati

      Delete
    3. Sneha will want to settle down in Qatar and have someone feed her grapes! LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...